If you are a beauty industry professional in any of the following states, mark your calendars and join us for PBA Lobby Day in Washington DC.
- New Jersey
- New York
Lobby Day is a time for members of the professional beauty industry to gather together in Washington, DC to meet with their members of Congress, both in the House and in the Senate. During lobby day, participants will discuss and encourage support for our FICA Tip Tax Fairness legislation.
- Where is it?
- Lobby Day takes place in Washington, DC.
- What are the dates for Lobby Day?
- Participants can choose to attend one or more of any of the following dates: Monday April 15, Tuesday April 16, or Wednesday May 8, 2013
- What time is Lobby Day?
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST in Washington, DC
- What should I bring?
- Business cards
- What should I wear?
- Business attire, or all black
- What do I need to be prepared?
- All materials will be provided for you on the morning of Lobby Day. This includes folders with information that you will leave behind after each of your meetings with your member of Congress or key staff. Attached to this email is a handout describing the FICA Tip Tax Fairness legislation. You will have an experienced team leader with you the entire day to guide you through the process. It is important to share your own personal story regarding your profession during your meeting.
- When should I arrive and where do I stay?
- It is recommended that you arrive in Washington, DC the evening prior to your Lobby Day. Participants are responsible for their own airfare and lodging. Lodging location is the choice of the participant.
- How do I sign up for one of the dates?
- Please review the two attached documents below. If you can be available to be in Washington, DC and are interested in attending Lobby Day, please contact Myra Irizarry at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for PBA Lobby Day, click here for the 2013 Lobby Day form
For more information on FICA Tax Legislation, click here to download fact sheet
About PBA Advocacy
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) advocates for the rights of every member and is dedicated to tracking, introducing and responding to legislation at both the state and federal levels with potential to affect the beauty industry. Along with our Government Advocacy program, PBA provides our members with Education, Signature Events, Charitable Outreach, Research and Business Resources. Visit probeauty.org for more information.