First Quarter 2012 Results & Request for Distributors to Take Part in Future Surveys
Phoenix, AZ (July 10, 2012) – The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) has launched a new Quarterly Distributor Benchmarking Survey that includes valuable information on five primary business sections: sales, product lines, stores, employees, and education. The survey is designed to provide beauty industry distributors of all sizes with valuable data that they can use to help benchmark their organization against others and be a useful tool in making important business decisions. Providing both quantitative and qualitative data, the PBA Quarterly Distributor Benchmarking Survey offers real-world information that distributors need in order to succeed in today’s changing and challenging business environment.
“This enlightening report contains data that can’t be found anywhere else, and the results are free for participants,” says Elizabeth Fantetti, PBA’s membership director. “We strongly encourage others to participate in future surveys so they too can benefit from this informative, industry specific research.”
PBA invites beauty industry distributors, regardless of PBA membership, to participate in future surveys, including second quarter 2012. All survey participants receive a free copy of the full report. To take part in the second quarter 2012 survey, please contact Elizabeth Fantetti, PBA’s membership director at 800.468.2274 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights from the First Quarter 2012 PBA Quarterly Distributor Benchmarking Survey:
- Eighty-four percent of responding distributors said their sales rose between the first quarters of 2011 and 2012.
- Sixty-five percent of responding distributors added a hair care product line to their portfolio in the first quarter, while 35 percent said they discontinued a hair care line from their portfolio.
- In general, distributors reported an increase in staffing levels between the first quarters of 2011 and 2012. (The full report provides a comprehensive view on the types of positions that were added or deleted.)
In addition, the survey also includes:
- New ideas and business directions found to be well received in the marketplace.
- New or existing product categories or lines that increased overall business in the first quarter of 2012 for responding distributors.
The PBA Quarterly Distributor Benchmarking Survey is complimentary to all responding distributors; $50 for non-responding PBA distributor members, and $79 for PBA manufacturer members. To get a copy of the survey results or to learn more about membership in the Professional Beauty Association, call the PBA Membership team at 800-468-2274 or visit probeauty.org.