The Professional Beauty Association | National Cosmetology Association (PBA | NCA) is pleased to announce the 2011 recipients of the PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarship. With more than 300 applicants, the selection process was challenging based on the quality of candidates, however the PBA | NCA scholarship committee is proud to announce the following awards, totaling $10,000 in the two qualifying categories.
- Seven $1,000 scholarships have been awarded to high school graduates desiring to enter the cosmetology profession. The 2011 winners are:
- Sandra Arredonda, Greely, CO
- Paola Campos, Valencia, CA
- Agata Grzywacz, Chicago, IL
- Amanda Hulett, Craig, NE
- Alysa Loo, Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Mahlaina Yaeger, Aurora, OH
- Mary Zielke, Bartlett, IL
- Six $500 scholarships have been awarded to current NCA members for continuing education in the field of cosmetology. The 2011 winners are:
- Rebecca Ealy, Ferndale, MI
- Lisa Filiatrault, Duluth, MN
- Karina Fraco, Lincolnwood, IL
- Lenya Gregory-Perkins, Washington, DC
- Teresa Isaac, Skokie, IL
- Gina Raimi, Mass Park, NY
The PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarships are funded by Sally Beauty Supply and administered by PBA | NCA. Applications are reviewed by a committee appointed by the President of the PBA | NCA Beauty Professional membership section. All scholarship awards are final and winners were recognized at the International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) Long Beach on January 30, 2011.
Applications for the 2012 PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarships are now available in the two categories below. The deadline for entry is November 15, 2011, and the scholarships will be awarded at the 2012 ISSE Long Beach show.
- Seven $1000 scholarships for high school graduates with the desire to enter the cosmetology profession.
- Six $500 scholarships for current PBA | NCA members for continuing education in the cosmetology field, such as at an accredited advanced academy or for attending education / training at industry tradeshows, including PBA Symposium.