Applications for 2013 Scholarships are Now Available
Phoenix, AZ (February 13, 2012) – The Professional Beauty Association | National Cosmetology Association (PBA | NCA) is pleased to announce the 2012 recipients of the PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarship. With more than 350 applicants, the selection process was challenging based on the quality of candidates, however the PBA | NCA scholarship committee is proud to announce the following awards, totaling $10,000 in the two qualifying categories.
Seven – $1,000 scholarships were awarded to high school graduates with the desire to enter the cosmetology profession. The 2012 winners are:
- Shominique Abston – Memphis, TN
- Adriana Cervantes – Chicago, IL
- Chelsie Jones – Murrieta , CA
- Kari McGowan – Portland, ME
- Sarah Pietrzak – Cannon Falls, MN
- Alicia Rangel – Frisco, TX
- Graciela Torres – Bloomington, CA
Six – $500 scholarships were awarded to current PBA | NCA members for continuing education in the cosmetology field. The 2012 winners are:
- Audra Burrel-Wallace – Bellwood, IL
- Angela Cunningham – Atwater, OH
- Ellen Dorsey – Balto, MD
- Johnnie Hood – Louisville, KY
- Lauren Stallings – Plainfield, IL
- Marion Typhair – Austin, TX
The PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarships are funded by Sally Beauty Supply and administered by PBA | NCA. Applications are reviewed by a committee appointed by the President of the NCA section. All scholarship awards are final and winners were recognized at the International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) Long Beach on January 29, 2012.
“Sally Beauty is proud to have supported the NCA over the past 20 years by providing over $200,000 in scholarships for cosmetologists,” commented Mike Spinozzi, President, Sally Beauty Supply.
Applications for the 2013 PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarships are now available in the two categories below. The deadline for entry is November 15, 2012, and the scholarships will be awarded at the 2013 ISSE Long Beach show.
• Seven – $1000 scholarships will be awarded to high school graduates with the desire to enter the cosmetology profession.
• Six – $500 scholarships will also be awarded to current PBA | NCA members for continuing education in the cosmetology field, such as at an accredited advanced academy or for attending education / training at industry tradeshows.
About Sally Beauty Supply:
Sally Beauty Supply LLC is one of the world’s largest retailers of professional beauty supplies offering more than 6,000 salon quality products for hair, skin and nails. The company and its affiliates serve its retail customers and salon professionals at more than 3,000 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Ireland, Belgium, France and Spain. For further information, visit sallybeauty.com or call 1-800-ASK-SALLY for the store nearest you.