*NEW for 2015* - Nail Professional of the Year
Nail Professional of the Year is the most prestigious recognition a Nail Professional can attain. In this NEW AWARD, artists should show a multitude of skills, such as embellishments, nail art, and salon nails demonstrating the excellence and artistry of the nail industry.
- Demonstrate the harmony between world-class hairdressing and nail artistry
- You do not need a hairstylist to nominate or enter with you
- All images must reflect the quality and standards of a typical NAHA entry
- Artists MUST be a certified nail technician to enter
- One Final Image demonstrating ‘embellishments’ (no larger than 3MBs each)
- One Final Image demonstrating ‘’salon nails’ (no larger than 3MBs each)
- One Final Image demonstrating ‘’nail art’ (no larger than 3MBs each)
- Three Unedited Images of each skill (no larger than 3MBs each)
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8” x 10”
- Signed NAHA Photo Release Form
- One-Three Models Used
- Entrants may NOT use any copyrighted, trademarked art designs or logos
- The total look is still very important
- Consider the continuity of all images within the collection
- You can team up with a hairstylist on an entry or you can employ a hairstylist to do the hair to best compliment your vision
- Entries from this category MAY be used in other categories
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs on the models’ nails
- "Embellishments" means any decoration or ornamentation that is added on top of the nail but is not actually embedded into the model’s existing base nails. You are to demonstrate that you can tastefully add any type of decoration or ornamentation to a clients’ nails.
- "Nail Art” means hand painting of designs on the nail. Not airbrushing. While all nails can be painted so they reflect a common theme, it is not a requirement. But, it may help having a theme as you start to brainstorm what you want to paint. For inspiration, please refer to the "Hand Painted Nail Art" category on the Gallery of NailPro’s competitions website.
- "Salon Nails” means salon-style nails that have a 2-to-1 ratio of nail bed to free edge, measured from the center of the smile line. For inspiration, please refer to the "Salon-Style Nails" category on the Gallery of NailPro’s competitions website.
Click here to view Photographer Tips
2015 Entry Process Opens November 3rd! Learn more.