Student Hairstylist of the Year
(From left to right: 2014 Finalist Nicole Gary, 2013 Winner Stormie Roberts, 2012 Winner Cassandra Monteyro, 2011 Winner Giovanna Simington)
As the most prestigious award for a cosmetology student, the Student Hairstylist of the Year recognizes visionary students for their creativity, determination and hard work. Submit your collection showcasing your expertise in hairstyling.
- Demonstrate the harmony between photographer’s execution and stylist’s creativity
- Consider the continuity of all images within the collection
- Work must demonstrate world-class hairdressing
- Entrant MUST be enrolled in school or performing required hours in a salon
- Entrant MUST NOT be a licensed cosmetologist as of the February 19, 2015 entry deadline
- Three Final Images (no larger than 3MBs each)
- Three Unedited Images (no larger than 3MBs each)
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8" x 10"
- Signed NAHA Photo Release Form
- One-Three Models Used
- Images larger than 8MBs will NOT be accepted by the system
- Students may be asked to submit references if selected as a finalist
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs to fill in or create hair in the final images
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs to "cut" the hair
- Hair should be styled exactly as desired before the photo is taken
Click here to view Photographer Tips
2015 Entry Process Opens November 3rd! Learn more.