There is a lot you need to know about the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), but it doesn’t have to be a daunting task. There are many resources available to help guide you through the process of signing up for health insurance.
Here are some facts you need to know:
1. New affordable health insurance options are available, but you need to sign up by Monday, March 31st to avoid a fine.
2. Financial help is available to afford the monthly cost, and free professional help is available to help walk you through the process.
3. Every plan covers the basics, including primary care visits, prescriptions, hospital stays, and more. You can’t be denied coverage or charged more for a “pre-exisiting condition” like cancer or being a woman.
Get yourself covered with the resources below:
- Find free professional help to answer questions and walk you through the process:
- Text “Locator” to 877877 or
- Go to www.GetCoveredAmerica.org/locator and put in your zip code to find someone local.
- More general information: www.GetCoveredAmerica.org or Healthcare.gov directly.
Get Covered America is a project of the non-political non-profit Enroll America. They aim to ensure accurate information reaches consumers to find the affordable health insurance resources available near them.
About PBA Government Advocacy
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) advocates for the rights of every member and is dedicated to tracking, introducing and responding to legislation at both the state and federal levels with potential to affect the beauty industry. Along with our Government Advocacy program, PBA provides our members with Education, Signature Events, Charitable Outreach, Research and Business Resources. To learn more about PBA’s Government Advocacy, visit probeauty.org/advocacy.