Cosmoprof North America, produced by North American Beauty Events LLC (a joint venture between Professional Beauty Association and Bologna Fiere), wrapped up a wildly successful 17th annual edition at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas July 28th – 30th. Cosmoprof is the largest B2B beauty event in North America and features over 1,400 beauty exhibitors from nearly 60 nations around the world. Each year, more than 40,000 attendees gather to discover unique brand launches, product innovations, new distribution channels, and packaging and manufacturing developments.
Cosmoprof is organized into three distinct show categories to cater to a wide range of industry professions including manufacturers, distributors, buyers and press, to name a few. Cosmetics & Personal Care showcases the best beauty and cosmetics products specialized for retail channel distribution. Professional Beauty is dedicated to professional channels of the industry and showcases salon products and services geared toward licensed professionals. This year, Cosmoprof added a new “show within a show” with the launch of Cosmopack North America, which hosts companies from across the cosmetics supply chain including ingredients and raw materials, contract and private label manufacturing, and machinery and packaging.
Cosmoprof also featured several specialty areas to further showcase new product launches in distinct categories:
- The Beauty Vanities: a new, all-inclusive program to give smaller brands big exposure
- Country Pavilions: beauty products showcasing authentic elements and innovation from countries with strong heritage in the beauty industry
- Discover Beauty: a high-end curated section with face-to-face meetings and traditional exhibition presentations
- Discover Beauty Spotlights: a department store-like presentation to showcase companies that are big on creativity and looking to expand
- Discover Green: a curated section for brands dedicated to green, eco-friendly, clean, organic and/or natural products in beauty
- Discover Pack: designed for first-time exhibitors only, this is a highly stylized and curated area for first-time exhibitors
- Emerging Beauty: dedicated to small manufacturers and open to companies who have never exhibited at Cosmoprof
- Tones of Beauty: a concept dedicated to evolving shades and types of beauty for multicultural consumers
New at this year’s event was the first ever Factory, a live feature that recreated the manufacturing process of cosmetics products. Thanks to the participation of several exhibitors, show attendees saw the live creation and packaging of “The Pure Factory” face highlighter, a weightless pressed powder made of a clean formula and packaged in a refillable compact. Participating brands from Cosmopack and Cosmoprof also donated beauty samples for guest international makeup artist Celeste Duquesne to use in attendee makeovers.
Learn more about opportunities to exhibit and attend Cosmoprof North America 2020! Look out for new show dates and event information at cosmoprofnorthamerica.com.
PBA Members are eligible for attendee and exhibitor registration discounts! For more information, visit probeauty.org/join.