Beacon applications are open August 12, 2019! Check the Beacon website for more entry process information.
Here’s how you can start preparing your application with these suggestions!
This year’s Beacon entry process has a brand new creative submission component… a video introduction!
That’s right, students – we want to see you in action. This is your opportunity to practice presenting yourself in a professional manner, just like you would in a real-life job interview. Embrace this opportunity to shine and show us what you’ve got!
Here’s what we’re looking for in your Beacon 2020 video introductions.
- Share a compelling reason why you think you should be selected for Beacon.
- Keep your videos under 90-seconds long. Anything shorter than that is acceptable, but videos longer than 90-seconds will be disqualified.
When you’re introducing yourself, consider answering these questions:
- Why do you want to attend Beacon? What are you hoping to get out of this experience?
- Why did you choose the beauty industry for your career?
- What beauty industry or cosmetology school achievements are you most proud of?
- What type of work culture are you looking for, and why is this important for you?
- What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in beauty school?
While you’re filming, pay attention to lighting and video framing. We want to see you clearly, so be sure that you’re well lit and visible within the screen. We want to see your personality and personal style but remember that this is a professional presentation!
To submit your final video, upload it to a sharing site like YouTube or Vimeo. Make the video public, and include the link in your Beacon application.
Good luck students!