HELPING YOUR STUDENTS ATTEND PBA BEAUTY WEEK
The lessons learned from entering the Beacon contest will continue to serve students, whether they become one of the 300 students chosen for the Beacon Program or one of the thousands of salon professionals entering the field each year.
Take this opportunity to turn the Beacon entry process into a valuable lesson for your students. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Download a printable poster to display in your school to get your students excited.
- Host a resume critique day in your school. Encourage students to bring their resumes and have local salon owners and community members critique students
- Host a lesson in conducting a photo shoot for their professional portfolio
- Invite a local marketing professional to your school to give a lesson on how to market yourself to potential employers AND potential clients
- Turn it into a contest at your school - and as a prize pay for the 5, 10 or 20 winning entries from your school
Have a great resource from your school you are willing to share with students across the country? Email email@example.com to share ideas or with any questions.
ATTENDING BEACON AS AN INSTRUCTOR
Beacon instructors will be able to attend PBA Beauty Week and the Beacon program at a special rate! If you have a winning student from your school, you will be notified of this special opportunity via the email.
FUNDRAISING FOR PBA BEAUTY WEEK
If your school would like to help your student(s) fundraise to pay for their Beacon trip, here are a few ideas:
- If your school has a dress code, offer a "Wear Jeans for $5" day where the students pay $5 to wear jeans
- Have a raffle - sell tickets to students, staff and clients. Ask local merchants to contribute items
- Host a cut-a-thon at your school
- Have a silent auction asking local merchants to donate items
- Have a fundraising dinner, charge by the plate
- Have clients, staff and family donate their frequent flier miles (the owner of the miles will need to book the ticket - use your best judgment on the fairest way to handle who receives these tickets - draw names from a hat if need be)
- Download a PDF listing all these fundraising ideas!
Beacon is part of PBA Beauty Week, North America's largest, most inclusive beauty event, offering unlimited networking, education, and professional growth opportunities to all sectors of the beauty industry. PBA Beauty Week is produced by the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) and hosted by Cosmoprof North America.