(From left to right: 2014 Finalist Sonna Brado, 2013 Finalist Hope Doms, 2012 Winner Dimitrios Tsioumas, 2011 Finalist Timothy Switzer)
Classics never go out of style but can have many variations. With a tweak of an angle, a splash of color, or an updated finish, a classic is easily reinterpreted into today’s most current trends. Show off your skill with ready-to-wear styles in haircutting and finishing illustrating modern, commercial styles inspired by classic looks.
- Iconic styles
- Styles should be wearable
- Styles should complement the individuality of the model
- Entrants should focus on updating a very classic look
- Three Final Images (no larger than 3MBs each)
- Three Unedited Images (no larger than 3MBs each)
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8” x 10”
- Signed NAHA Photo Release Form
- Three Models Used
- Avoid full body shots unless relevant to your theme and artistic direction
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs to fill in or create hair in the final images
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs to “cut” the hair
- Keep images simple. They should be “polished”, “clean” and executed with passion for your craft.
- Interpret classic shapes with a fresh twist.
- Do your research: after identifying the “classic look” you’re pursuing, ask yourself:
o Why was this look so HOT?
o What complimented this look?
o Consider wardrobe, styling, make-up and hair color
o How can I take this to the next level?
Click here to view Photographer Tips