Editorial Stylist of the Year
(From left to right: 2014 Finalist Geneva Cowen, 2013 Winner Sherri Jessee, 2012 Winner Neeko Abriol, 2011 Winner Dimitrios Tsioumas)
Editorial hairdressers have tremendous impact on the world of fashion as well as influencing the hair and makeup styles salon clients want. Editorial Stylist of the Year is recognized for having outstanding work published in a consumer publication. Submit your best published cover or editorial work. Work must be published in a popular consumer media magazine that may be available on newsstands, electronic or in physical form.
- Work must be from a consumer publication
- Entries submitted from industry publications will be disqualified
- Judges look for cohesion and full "stories" in collection
- Maximum Five Final Images (no larger than 8MBs each)
- Digital tear sheets or proof of publication
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8” x 10”
- Signed Editorial Release Form
- One-Five Models Used
- ’Consumer publication’ is defined as a publication whose editorial content appeals to the general public or sectors of the general public. To be differentiated from a 'Business Publication', 'Trade Publication', 'Technical Publication' & 'Professional Publication'
- Beauty industry publication examples include, but are not limited to, Modern Salon, American Salon, NAILS Magazine, The Colorist, Beauty Store Business, DAYSPA Magazine, etc.
- Tell a story with your images
- Focus on lighting as dark lighting does not show off the hair
- If your published collection consists of more than five (5) images, please choose the best five (5) that are the most comprehensive and submit those as your entry. Only up to five (5) images are allowed to be submitted - no more.
Click here to view Photographer Tips