Hairstylist of the Year
(From left to right: 2014 Finalist Alain Pereque, 2013 Winner Allen Ruiz, 2012 Winner Dimitrios Tsioumas, 2011 Winner Eli Mancha)
NAHA’s top honor, Hairstylist of the Year, is awarded to an individual for capturing the excellence and artistry of the beauty industry. Submit your collection of diverse, creative, and versatile hair designs.
- Demonstrate the harmony between photographer’s execution and stylist’s creativity
- Consider the continuity of all images within the collection
- Work must demonstrate world-class hairdressing
- Five Final Images (no larger than 8MBs each)
- Five Unedited Images (no larger than 8MBs each)
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8” x 10”
- Signed NAHA Photo Release Form
- Five Models Used
- Entries from this category MAY be used in other categories, EXCEPT Salon Team
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs to fill in or create hair in the final images
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs to “cut” the hair
- Your collection should demonstrate a breadth of your talent as an artist.
- Try to demonstrate your work in long hair, short hair, haircolor, etc.
- Try to make your collection timeless – the looks should not feel “dated”.
- While each of your photos should be diverse, make sure they all have a common theme that relates back to your story.
Click here to view Photographer Tips