Makeup Artist of the Year
(From left to right: 2014 Finalist Katelyn Simkins, 2013 Winner Katy Albright, 2012 Winner Jeanne San Diego, 2011 Winner Clarissa Luna)
The Makeup Artist of the Year category highlights the industry’s finest artists who use their talent adding a key element to make a perfect photo. Makeup can make or break any look. Be proud that your work as a makeup artist completes any photo shoot. Enter your most tasteful collection of work using your makeup skills to enhance beautiful hairstyling.
- You do not need a hairstylist to nominate or enter with you
- All images must reflect the quality and standards of a typical NAHA entry
- Artists do NOT have to be a certified makeup artist to enter or have attended a makeup artistry school
- All products used must be professional
- Three Final Images (no larger than 3MBs each)
- Three Unedited Images (no larger than 3MBs each)
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8” x 10”
- Signed NAHA Photo Release Form
- One-Three Models Used
- The total look is very important, especially the hair
- You can team up with a hairstylist on an entry or you can employ a hairstylist to do the hair to best compliment your makeup vision
- Entries from this category MAY be used in other categories
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs on the models’ skin
- Make sure the hair is consistent with your makeup theme.
- Accentuate the model’s beauty and makeup with close up camera shots.
- Do not allow clothing or accessories to distract the eye.
Click here to view Photographer Tips