Enter NAHA - Nail Professional of the Year
Nail Professional of the Year
Nail Professional of the Year is the most prestigious recognition a Nail Professional can attain. In this NEW AWARD, artists should show a multitude of skills, such as embellishments, nail art, and salon nails demonstrating the excellence and artistry of the nail industry.
- Demonstrate the harmony between world-class hairdressing and nail artistry
- You do not need a hairstylist to nominate or enter with you
- All images must reflect the quality and standards of a typical NAHA entry
- Artists MUST be a certified nail technician to enter
- One Final Image demonstrating "embellishments" (no larger than 8MBs each)
- One Final Image demonstrating "nail art" (no larger than 8MBs each)
- One Final Image demonstrating "salon style INSPIRED nails" (no larger than 8MBs each)
- One Unedited version of your final "embellishments" image (no larger than 8MBs)
- One Unedited version of your final "salon nails" image (no larger than 8MBs)
- One Unedited version of your final "salon style INSPIRED nails" image (no larger than 8MBs)
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Resolution of at least 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- No smaller than 8" x 10"
- Signed NAHA Nail Entry Photo Release Form
- One-Three Models Used
- Entrants may NOT use any copyrighted, trademarked art designs or logos
- The total look is still very important
- Consider the continuity of all images within the collection
- You can team up with a hairstylist on an entry or you can employ a hairstylist to do the hair to best compliment your vision
- Entries from this category MAY be used in other categories
- Do not use Photoshop or similar software/programs on the model's nails
- "Embellishments" means any decoration or ornamentation that is added on top of the nail but is not actually embedded into the model's existing base nails. You are to demonstrate that you can tastefully add any type of decoration or ornamentation to a client's nails.
- "Nail Art" means hand painting of designs on the nail. Not airbrushing. While all nails can be painted so they reflect a common theme, it is not a requirement. But, it may help having a theme as you start to brainstorm what you want to paint. For inspiration, please refer to the "Hand Painted Nail Art" category on the Gallery of NailPro's competitions website.
- For "Salon Style Inspired Nails" it is the intent of NAHA that you grasp the very technical aspect of "Salon Style Nails" but use your imagination to interpret this style into new and different ways.
- You do NOT have to do a pink and white enhancement to demonstrate this skill.
Click here to view Photographer Tips